Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First Post = Most Self Centered Post

Here are a few things about me in case you're wondering if this blog's for you.

Name: Macon

Facts About My Name: A good 75% of the people I meet think they're clever enough to say, "Oh, like Macon Bacon." While I'm glad they successfully learned to rhyme in grade school, I'm afraid it doesn't mean they're brilliant. However! If you are able to create a new, creative nickname that I've never heard of, I'll give you $5. The best so far? Macon Babies. Which is completely inaccurate, but is pretty funny none the less.

An even greater 95% mistake my name to be Megan during an introduction. This has happened so many times in my life that if I think I'll never see you again, I'll just go along with it. Recently my name was mistaken for Mason in a reply email. An email! Where my name was clearly spelled M-a-c-o-n.

Occupation: I have a job at an independent bookstore. My official title is Inventory Assistant, but if my title were to accurately reflect my responsibilities I would be called Inventory Assistant/Graphic Designer/Cupcake Maker/ Closing Manager/Someone Who Actually Gets Things Done. Needless to say, I love my job.


School: You know, I was seriously considering omitting this section. When people ask when I'm going to graduate I feel like I'm constantly saying, "next semester....next semester." Briefly, I'm about to be a 6th year senior with a major in English and a concentration in Technical Writing. With that being said, don't judge my grammar on this blog. This is for fun, not for homework, or for a work project. Perfection does not exist here.

Relationship (The Mushy Section): I've been in relationship with a wonderful man named Randall for two years this coming July. In about two weeks he will have finished his second year of law school with one more year to go. I could not be more proud of him. Semester after semester he's been finishing towards the top of his class (not an easy feat, especially in law school). As well as being one of the most intelligent people I know, he's also everything that I've been looking for in a man. I can honestly say I've met the person I plan on spending the rest of my life with.

What I'm Currently Passionate About: FOOD. My passion for food is growing each day, and it's both a blessing and curse. I love to eat it, I love to cook it, I love to smell it, I LOVE FOOD. I'm hoping that a big part of my blog will be reviews of local restaurants in town. One of my plans this summer is to avoid all of the mainstream chains and eat local. I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences with anyone who cares to read! Another main portion of my blog will be dedicated to new recipe successes and failures.

That's all for now folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment