Monday, April 30, 2012

Recipe: No-Bake Cookie Dough Bites

For the past month or so, Saturdays have been my cooking/baking days.  This used to be something Randall and I would do together, but not with exam season! 

He studies so hard!

With Randall studying himself to death for his law exams for the next two weeks, I decided to surprise him with some treats. Not too long ago, I saw a recipe for no-bake cookie dough bites.  Anytime we make cookies, both of us are constantly sneaking spoon fulls. These ended up being just as addicting as actual cookie dough, without the hazard of eggs.

What You'll Need:
1 cup Salted Butter
1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract


***For those who only have unsalted butter, that's no problem! You can make salted butter by adding 1/4 tsp. of salt to every 1/2 cup of butter you use in a recipe. Although, I'm not sure this will work as well when baking.***

Step 1
Cream salted butter and brown sugar together in a large bowl.

Step 2
Add flour, vanilla extract, and mini chocolate chips and mix. I read it was best to use your hands, but I don't see why you can't use a large spoon.


At this point, you can eat it right out of the bowl if you like. You'll definitely be tempted to anyways!

Step 3
Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and refrigerate for an hour, or until firm.

Final Product
 They may not look like anything special, but these are little balls of deliciousness!  If you like, you can dress them up by drizzling chocolate on top. However, these make disastrous "cookie dough pops." I tried to do a few, and the texture was no where near firm enough to handle being dipped into chocolate. 

This recipe made about two dozen bites, which was too many for either of us to be left alone with. I decided to take some over to my dad before he left to go out of town for the week. He loved them, but begged me to start bringing over healthy desserts. Not gonna happen!

***Be sure to keep refrigerated.***.

1 comment: