Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My Ongoing Battle Against Oily Skin: Milk of Magnesia Mask

 For years I have been searching for a cure for my oily skin curse.  I've tried countless recommended cleansers, face masks, toners, astringents, you name it. However, the additional problem with my skin is that it is VERY sensitive.  If a product is even the slightest bit harsh, my face transforms into a dry, flaky mess on top of being oily...

Thankfully, I have found some relief in a select few remedies that I'd like to share with all of my fellow greasy faced ladies (and maybe gents?). This is an ongoing battle (especially in the humid, Memphis, summer time heat) as my skin still hasn't quite found a balance. As I discover new, successful treatments, I'll be sure to share.


Milk of Magnesia Mask
This is the most recent (and perhaps the weirdest) oily skin care treatment I've found. While originally made to relieve constipation, this little bottle of wonder also contains disinfecting qualities that help absorb oil without drying out your skin.

How to Use:
On clean skin, wet face with a cool, damp washcloth.

Shake bottle and apply a layer of product on skin.

Let dry for to 5 to 10 minutes and wash with washcloth.

The first time I tried this mask out, it was after my evening skin routine. In the past, even after washing my face and applying skin care products, I would still wake up with slick, greasy skin. But the morning after using the milk of magnesium mask, my skin was only slightly oily!

The next day, I applied the mask before putting on my make up. Usually, I have to blot my face with 2-3 oil absorbing sheets 3-4 times a day! This time around, I only needed to blot twice with just one sheet!

Milk of Magnesium is inexpensive, simple, easy to find, and most importantly, very effective as a skin care product. I highly recommend it, but only to those who experience oily skin. Otherwise, this mask could potentially dry your skin out.

1 comment: